Integrate TexturePacker in your build toolchain or add it directly to XCode. When updating your assets just drop them into the assets folder. Rebuilding your project will also rebuild all sprite sheets with changes.
TexturePacker is the first tool which has direct support for cocos2d's new .pvr.ccz format! Especially when working with 16bit textures this new format is faster and smaller than even optimized PNG files.
TexturePacker will help you create simple sprite sheets up to 2048x2048 pixels by using GUI and command line. Extrude repeats the outer pixels around a shape to avoid flickering when tiling textures. Automated trimming, automated sizing, extreme fast automated layout.
You can export data files for Cocos2D, Sparrow SDK and Corona (TM) SDK. You got a problem or found a bug in TexturePacker? I usually come up with a solution for the problem withing 24h.
Directly supported frameworks:
· Cocos2d iPhone – iPhone
· Corona SDK – iPhone & Android
· Sparrow – iPhone
· LibGDX – Java (Android + Desktop)
TexturePacker currently shipps with 2 layout algorithms:
· This is a layout algorithm best for tilemaps and simple animations without the need of additional data file. Sprites are simply pleaced in a row until the row is full. Then the next row starts. You may sort the sprites by name, width, height or area. This algorithm is FREE and can be used for all projects.
· MaxRects is the best known algorithm for packing textures. It is fast and has a high packing ratio. Enabling rotation and trimming gets the best results (depending on your target framework). This algorithm is available in TexturePackerPro/CLI.
High quality color reduction:
· RGBA8888 images consume a big amount of memory and processing time. Woudn’t it be good to reduce both without loosing too much visual quality? By converting the sprite sheet to RGBA4444 memory usage is reduced by 50% and performance of the system increases!
· But simply reducing the colors may result in bad image quality since gradients won’t stay smooth in the resulting image. Low contrast parts in images tend to create islands of same colors – seen as rings in the center image of the example below.
· Image comparison: RGBA8888 (left), RGBA4444 without dithering (center), RGBA4444 with dithering (right)
· This effect can be reduced using a transparency preserving dithering. The effect of the dithering may give the sprite a bit of a grainy look – but if the sprites are moved even slow this won’t be recognizable to the user.
Integrate TexturePacker in your build toolchain or add it directly ... also rebuild all sprite sheets with changes. TexturePacker is the first tool which has direct support ... and smaller than even optimized PNG files. TexturePacker will help you create simple sprite sheets up ... got a problem or found a bug in TexturePacker? I usually come up with a solution for .... Free download of TexturePacker for Mac OS X 3.4.0
Integrate TexturePacker x64 in your build toolchain or add it ... also rebuild all sprite sheets with changes. TexturePacker x64 is the first tool which has direct ... and smaller than even optimized PNG files. TexturePacker x64 will help you create simple sprite sheets ... got a problem or found a bug in TexturePacker x64? I usually come up with a solution .... Free download of TexturePacker x64 3.4.0
Designed to help you build ColdFusion applications. Free download of Adobe ColdFusion Builder 184.108.40.206 B289998
Helps developers get started building desktop applications deployed on Adobe AIR. Free download of Adobe AIR Launchpad 3.0.1 Preview 8
A scripting language for developing web applications and programs. Free download of newLISP for Linux 10.6.0