Subsonic is a free, web-based media streamer, providing ubiquitous access to your music. Use it to share your music with friends, or to listen to your own music while at work. You can stream to multiple players simultaneously, for instance to one player in your kitchen and another in your living room.
Subsonic is designed to handle very large music collections (hundreds of gigabytes). Although optimized for MP3 streaming, it works for any audio or video format that can stream over HTTP, for instance AAC and OGG. By using transcoder plug-ins, Subsonic supports on-the-fly conversion and streaming of virtually any audio format, including WMA, FLAC, APE, Musepack, WavPack and Shorten.
If you have constrained bandwidth, you may set an upper limit for the bitrate of the music streams. Subsonic will then automatically resample the music to a suitable bitrate.
In addition to being a streaming media server, Subsonic works very well as a local jukebox. The intuitive web interface, as well as search and index facilities, are optimized for efficient browsing through large media libraries. Subsonic also comes with an integrated Podcast receiver, with many of the same features as you find in iTunes.
Based on Java technology, Subsonic runs on most platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix variants.
· Supports MP3, OGG, AAC and any other audio or video format that can be streamed over HTTP.
· Transcoding engine allows for streaming of a variety of lossy and lossless formats by converting to MP3 on-the-fly.
· Works with any network-enabled media player, such as Winamp, iTunes, XMMS, MusicMatch and Windows Media Player.
· Displays cover art, dynamically scaling it to fit nicely on the screen. Supports images embedded in ID3.
· You can assign ratings and comments to albums.
· Finds cover art and album info using Amazon Web Services.
· Audioscrobbling support. Automatically register what you're playing on last.fm
· Tag editing of MP3 and OGG Vorbis files.
· On-the-fly resampling to lower bitrates using the high-quality LAME encoder.
· Common playlist features (add, remove, rearrange, repeat, shuffle, undo).
· Playlists can be saved and restored. M3U, PLS and XSPF formats are supported.
· Saved playlists are available as Podcasts.
· Support for Internet TV and radio stations.
· Configurable index.
· Google-like search functionality.
· Automatic update of search index at specified intervals.
· Supports multiple media folders (for instance one with music and another with movies.)
· Supports multiple simultaneous players. The playlist for any player can be managed from any location.
· Secure. Users must log in using a username and password. Users can be assigned different privileges. Supports HTTPS/SSL encryption.
· Lean web interface optimized for constrained bandwidth environments and efficient browsing through large music collections.
· WAP interface allows you to control Subsonic from any mobile phone or PDA.
· In addition to streaming, single files or entire directories may be downloaded from Subsonic.
· Files can be uploaded to Subsonic. Zip-files can be automatically unpacked.
· You can specify a upload/download bandwidth limit.
· Implements the SHOUTcast protocol. Players which support this (including Winamp, iTunes and XMMS) will display the current artist and song name.
· Provides links to album reviews and more at Google Music and allmusic.com.
· Full internationalization support. Currently available translations: English, Norwegian, Macedonian (by Stefan Ivanovski), Simplified Chinese (by Neil Gao), Spanish (by Jorge Bueno Magdalena), German (by Harald Weiss), and Dutch (by Ronald Knot).
· Theme support. Currently ships with four themes.
DbVisualizer is the universal database tool for developers and database administrators. It is the perfect ... click · Database objects explorer · View information for: tables, indexes, primary keys, privileges, schemas, databases, procedures ... tables · Monitor row count differences · Support for BLOB, CLOB and binary data · View BMP, ... Auto Completion (aka code completion, intellisense) · Support for multiple SQL editors · Support for multiple result .... Free download of DbVisualizer for Mac OS X 9.0.6 B1928
... It uses the only widely adopted open protocol for instant messaging, XMPP (also called Jabber). Openfire is incredibly easy to setup and administer, but offers rock-solid security and performance. .... Free download of Openfire for Mac OS X 3.8.1
... to closed proprietary platforms. SearchBlox provides crawlers for Filesystems, HTTP/HTTPS and RSS Feeds that work out-of-the-box. ... Asian languages. Stopwords and stemming are also supported for the different languages. SearchBlox is packaged for fast deployment to Windows, Linux and Mac OS X operating systems. Or you can readily use our ... such as indexing, which greatly reduces administrative overheads for such repetitive tasks. SearchBlox offers a choice of .... Free download of SearchBlox for Mac OS X 7.3 Build 1
... · Keep all your connections (with passwords optional) for direct access in login dialog and give them clear names · Explore the data model for all connections · Compare schemas and create modeling ... as Excel spreadsheets (xls, xlsx) · Use batches for high performance imports · Export a query without ... in multiple instances · Run SQLRunner in Linux, Mac OS X and Windows as a local installation .... Free download of SQLRunner for Mac OS X 7.14
An application that shows you all the details of your server's traffic patterns. Free download of Sawmill Enterprise 22.214.171.124
Complete, cost-effective datacenter and server virtualization. Free download of Citrix XenServer 5.6.0
Make your SharePoint look and act like a real Discussion Board. Free download of SharePoint Discussion Board Feature 1.0.63 Preview
Copssh is an OpenSSH server and client implementation for Windows systems. Free download of Copssh 4.3.1
A simple application, allows you to convert from one database type to another. Free download of ESF Database Migration Toolkit Professional Editon 8.0.04