newLISP is a LISP-like scripting language that will help you in: programming for the internet, system administration, text processing, gluing other programs together, etc. newLISP is a scripting LISP for people who are fascinated by LISP's beauty and power of expression, but who need it stripped down to easy-to-learn essentials. newLISP is small on resources like disk space and memory but has a deep, practical API.
LISP is an old language born, grown, and standardized in times very different from today, times when programming was for highly educated people who engineered programs. newLISP is LISP reborn as a scripting language: pragmatic and casual, simple to learn without requiring you to know advanced computer science concepts.
Like any good scripting language, newLISP is quick to get into and gets the job done without fuss. It has all of the essential elements that made LISP famous: symbol processing, lists, anonymous functions (lambda expressions), and S-expressions as a simple syntax for both data and program.
newLISP can do things you typically do with scripting languages.
newLISP has a modern relevant API (Application Programming Interface) with networking, regular expression, advanced math, simulation, statistics, financial, HTTP, and XML functions built right into it. newLISP modules are available that let you connect newLISP to databases, mailservers, and more.
A Modern Built-In API:
· Indexing into nested lists and implicit indexing
· Nested associations
· Regular expressions PCRE
· Pattern matching with match and unify
· Networking functions: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, ICMP
· XML functions
· Advanced Math and classic Statistics functions
· Bayesian Statistics functions
· Financial functions
· Date and time functions
· I/O transparent over local files or remote files via HTTP
· Name spaces (contexts) for programming in modules
· FOOP Functional Object Oriented Programming. See example
· Distributed computing support with remote evaluation and HTTP file API.
· Cilk-style API for multiprocessor support
· Import functions from C libraries
· Modules for MySQL, SQLite, Zlib, Crypto, Postscript etc.
· Document generation support for user written modules: newLISPdoc
· Users Manual and Reference
· Cookbook for common solutions Code Patterns in newLISP
· Introductions, e.g.: Introduction to newLISP
· Training videos; see Documentation page
Advanced Automatic Memory Management:
· ORO memory management
· Synchronous for repeatable processing times in real-time tasks
· Fast and lower on resources
· UNIX forks (not on Win32)
· Shared memory
· Local domain UNIX sockets for fast IPC (not on Win32)
· Cilk-style multiprocessing API
· Actor messaging API for process inter communication
Distributed Computing Support:
· Net-eval function for remote evaluation on multiple network nodes
· HTTP and net-eval server modes built-in (no code required)
· Most file operations can take URLs
· 64-bit standard for integers and some file operations in the standard 32-bit versions
· LP64 Memory model support makefiles for LINUX, MacOS X and SOLARIS, TRU64
Small and portable:
· Only around 200KB in size (depending on platform and compile flavor)
· Very fast load time for CGI and scripts
· Uses only very essential UNIX libs found on the smallest systems
· Makefiles for FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Mac OS X, LINUX, SOLARIS, TRU64, Win32.
· Shared library versions for all Platforms (.so, .dylib, .dll)
· Unicode - UTF-8 support compile flavors
· Well documented
· Support via responsive community
· Modules in isolated namespaces
· Automatic generation of source code API documentation using newLISPdoc utility (similar to javadoc).
DrRacket is an interactive, integrated, graphical programming environment for the Scheme, MzScheme, and MrEd programming languages. Racket's interactive mode encourages experimentation, and quick scripts easily compose into larger systems. Small scripts and large systems both benefit from native-code JIT compilation. When a system gets too big to keep in .... Free download of DrRacket for Mac OS X 5.3.6
... built-in editor, compiler, virtual machine, debugger specifically designed for introductory teaching. The aim of BlueJ is to provide an easy-to-use teaching environment for the Java language that facilitates the teaching of ... virtual machine, debugger, etc. · Easy-to-use interface, ideal for beginners · Interactive object creation · Interactive object .... Free download of BlueJ for Mac OS X 3.1.6
Doxygen is a documentation system for C++, C, Java, Objective-C, Python, IDL (Corba and ... of documented source files. There is also support for generating output in RTF (MS-Word), PostScript, hyperlinked PDF, ... generated automatically. 3. You can even `abuse' doxygen for creating normal documentation (as I did for this manual). Doxygen is developed under Linux .... Free download of Doxygen for Mac OS X 126.96.36.199
The HDFView is a Java-based tool for browsing and editing NCSA HDF4 and HDF5 files. HDFView allows users to browse through any HDF4 and HDF5 file; starting with a tree view of all top-level objects in an HDF file's hierarchy. HDFView allows a user to descend through the hierarchy and .... Free download of HDFView for Mac OS X 2.13
RIATest is a GUI test automation tool for Adobe Flex applications. RIATest does for your GUI what FlexUnit does for your code. With the help of RIATest you'll ... the process and let RIATest do the work for you. Add RIATest to your continuous integration system .... Free download of RIATest for Mac OS X 4.0.0 B4256
A debugger hardware interface for a range of Freescale microcontrollers. Free download of USBDM 188.8.131.52
A cross-platform integrated development environment. Free download of Qt Creator 4.1.0
Easy to write code and upload it to the i/o board. Free download of Arduino 1.7.10
Doing professional imaging and multimedia work. Free download of QPix 3.6.2