ImageJ is an intersting Java based image processing application inspired by NIH Image for the Macintosh. It runs, either as an online applet or as a downloadable application, on any computer with a Java 1.1 or later virtual machine. It can display, edit, analyze, process, save and print 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit images. It can read many image formats including TIFF, GIF, JPEG, BMP, DICOM, FITS and "raw". It supports "stacks", a series of images that share a single window. It is multithreaded, so time-consuming operations such as image file reading can be performed in parallel with other operations.
It can calculate area and pixel value statistics of user-defined selections. It can measure distances and angles. It can create density histograms and line profile plots. It supports standard image processing functions such as contrast manipulation, sharpening, smoothing, edge detection and median filtering.
It does geometric transformations such as scaling, rotation and flips. Image can be zoomed up to 32:1 and down to 1:32. All analysis and processing functions are available at any magnification factor. The program supports any number of windows (images) simultaneously, limited only by available memory.
Spatial calibration is available to provide real world dimensional measurements in units such as millimeters. Density or gray scale calibration is also available.
ImageJ was designed with an open architecture that provides extensibility via Java plugins. Custom acquisition, analysis and processing plugins can be developed using ImageJ's built in editor and Java compiler. User-written plugins make it possible to solve almost any image processing or analysis problem.
· ImageJ runs on Linux, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, Windows, and the Sharp Zaurus PDA.
· ImageJ and its Java source code are freely available and in the public domain. No license is required.
· ImageJ has a large and knowledgeable worldwide user community. More than 1700 users and developers subscribe to the ImageJ mailing list.
· Automate tasks and create custom tools using macros. Automatically generate macro code using the command recorder. More than 300 macros are available on the ImageJ Web site.
· Extend ImageJ by developing plugins using ImageJ's built in text editor and Java compiler. More than 500 plugins are available.
· Use ImageJ as a image processing toolkit (class library) to develop applets, servlets or applications.
· ImageJ is the world's fastest pure Java image processing program. It can filter a 2048x2048 image in 0.1 seconds (*). That's 40 million pixels per second!
· 8-bit grayscale or indexed color, 16-bit unsigned integer, 32-bit floating-point and RGB color.
· Open and save all supported data types as TIFF (uncompressed) or as raw data. Open and save GIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG, PGM, FITS and ASCII. Open DICOM. Open TIFFs, GIFs, JPEGs, DICOMs and raw data using a URL. Open and save many other formats using plugins.
· Tools are provided for zooming (1:32 to 32:1) and scrolling images. All analysis and processing functions work at any magnification factor.
· Create rectangular, elliptical or irregular area selections. Create line and point selections. Edit selectoins and automatically create them using the wand tool. Draw, fill, clear, filter or measure selections. Save selections and transer them to other images.
· Supports smoothing, sharpening, edge detection, median filtering and thresholding on both 8-bit grayscale and RGB color images. Interactively adjust brightness and contrast of 8, 16 and 32-bit images.
· Crop, scale, resize and rotate. Flip vertically or horizontally.
· Measure area, mean, standard deviation, min and max of selection or entire image. Measure lengths and angles. Use real world measurement units such as millimeters.
ImageJ is an intersting Java based image processing application inspired by NIH Image for the Macintosh. It runs, either as an online ... or gray scale calibration is also available. ImageJ was designed with an open architecture that provides ... analysis and processing plugins can be developed using ImageJ's built in editor and Java compiler. User-written plugins .... Free download of ImageJ for Mac OS X 220.127.116.11 ra1
... is a feature-rich, easy-to-use and powerful paint program for editing photos, drawings and icons. It runs on Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, Linux and Unix. Tools and features in HeliosPaint currently include: * Pencil for editing pixels. * Curved, straight and freehand lines ... similar colours to be painted. * Shape tool for creating freehand, regular polygon, star, moon and heart .... Free download of HeliosPaint for Linux 1.4.5
ImLab is a free open source graphical application for Scientific Image Processing that runs in Windows, Linux and many other UNIX systems. It supports multiple ... and IM (imaging) libraries. It runs in Windows, Linux, SGI IRIX, SunOS, IBM AIX and MacOS X ... The Tecgraf libraries and ImLab are free for academic and commercial use. See the copyright note .... Free download of ImLab for Linux 2.3.4
Gifsicle is a UNIX command-line tool for creating, editing, and getting information about GIF images ... GIF animations. FEATURES: · Batch mode for changing GIFs in place. · Prints detailed information about GIFs, including comments. · Control over interlacing, comments, looping, transparency... · Creates well-behaved GIFs: removes redundant colors, .... Free download of Gifsicle for Linux 1.60
... is a fast and easy open-source graphics application for digital painters. It lets you focus on the ... program in action before downloading and trying it for yourself! * exists for several platforms * supports pressure sensitive graphics tablets .... Free download of MyPaint for Linux 1.0.0
Free passport photo software support Most countries. Free download of Free passport photo software 6.2
Is the top choice for professional film and video editing in the industry. Free download of Avid Media Composer 6.5
Capture One is a raw converter and workflow software. Free download of Capture One for MAC 7.1.1 Build 669
Create and Print your own ID photos yourself with a few clicks !. Free download of IdPhoto 2013