AVIAddXSubs is a simple to use, free program to subtitle videos converting the original srt files you may have. Its services are useful in cases your hardware player is not able to show the subtitles directly from srt or even if it does the result is not satisfactory. Using AVIAddXSubs and converting the srt you have a variety of options to configure the subtitles as regards font, font size, color, outline, position, etc. This effect is achieved through a srt conversion to another format where the subtitles are stored as bitmaps already prepared in your PC.
This conversion process, takes a few minutes (or a few seconds in many cases) and it doesn't re-encode the video so its quality remains exactly the same. The generated subtitles are "soft", not burned in the picture, so the user is able to activate/deactivate through his/her player's remote control the same way it does at normal DVD playback.
There are two such subtitle formats that can be used alternatively depending on which your player supports better.
1. The XSUB format where the generated bitmaps are presented as an additional stream inserted (or incorporated) in the video file itself. This works only with avi files. In this case another avi is generated that has the subtitles incorporated. Note that the input file for XSUB conversion can be in idx/sub format too.
2. The idx/sub format. This format uses a pair of files, one with extension idx and another with extension sub. These files go together and replace the srt in your player. Using idx/sub, because are external files (that is, not incorporated), you can subtitle any kind of video file. avi/mkv/mp4, you name it, if your player supports the compination.
To incorporate XSUB subtitles (default use of the program) just place the avi and its associated (same name) srt (or idx/sub) in the same directory and Drag&Drop the avi on AVIAddXSubs icon or shortcut in your desktop. In 2-3 minutes a new file with divx extension will be created and be ready to play in your hardware DivX/XVid player. For example from the files:
anyvideo.divx, to play in your hardware DivX player.
To see the subtitles you have to activate them through your remote control much like you do with normal DVD. Check the configuration page of the program for the offered options. Maybe you have to put a smaller number at "Vertical Position" field if subtitles are selectable, are selected, but do not appear. The generated file is a regular avi and you can rename it if this helps the player.
In a similar way you can convert srt to idx/sub. You have to go at "Configuration 1/SUB 1" and select idx/sub instead of XSUB. To view the video just place it together with the generated idx/sub:
In total the user has the following subtitling alternatives:
1. To incorporate XSUB subtitles in the avi from srt files.
2. To incorporate XSUB subtitles in the avi converting idx/sub files.
3. To incorporate XSUB subtitles in the avi coming from a combination of srt and idx/sub files.
4. To generate idx/sub files from srt and use them as external subtitle files (in place of the original srt) in supporting players to subtitle any kind of video (avi/mkv/mp4 etc).
DivX Plus Software includes everything you need to play and create DivX, AVI, & MKV videos on your computer and in your web browser. DivX Plus Software also enables you to easily convert your videos to DivX, AVI, & MKV in one simple step. DivX video offers freedom like no other video format .... Free download of DivX Plus 10.4.1
Subtitle Dawn is a free open source application for downloading subtitles! Automatically download all subtitles for your entire movie colletion. Simpy add your movies, select language and Subtitle Dawn will do the rest. Try it! It's free! Subtitle Dawn is a free open source application for downloading subtitles! Automatically download all subtitles for your entire movie .... Free download of Subtitle Dawn 2.0
DivX Subtitle Displayer is a program that can display subtitles while playing DivX movies. It is easy to use and has many features, such as subtitle font settable, FPS changeable, movie play list, and so on. Now support srt subtitle format ! .... Free download of DivX Subtitle Displayer 5.0
DivX 5 Media Converter - software that allows you to convert (encode) video of any format to divx 5. divx5 is a format well known to all DVD players. In this way after using this .... Free download of DivX 5 Media Converter 1.0
Subtitle Translation Wizard: the easy subtitle translation tool, Include srt translation, sub(MicroDVD format) translation, ... even can extract text from srt or sub subtitle and generate the subtitle that contain original and translated subtitle. At the same time , you can experiencing watermark subtitle, merge subtitle,editting, play srt and learning language from .... Free download of Subtitle Translation Wizard 4.1.0
Changes voice to Male/Female/Young/old/teen. Free download of Fake Voice 6.210
Convert Video files to AVI, MPG, WMV, MOV, QT, MP4, 3GP, RM, FLV, SWF format.. Free download of Any Video/Audio Converter 8.0.354
Convert Video files to WAV, MP3, WMA, OGG format.. Free download of ALO Video to Audio Converter 2.3.616
Play FLV, MP4, WebM, and other videos that Windows Media Player cannot play.. Free download of FLV Player 3.4.0